After nearly three decades, Fairfax County police have made an arrest in the brutal stabbing death of 37-year-old Robin Lawrence in her Springfield home on Nov. 20, 1994. Her husband was out of the country at the time.
A family friend discovered the horrifying scene, where Robin had been stabbed multiple times while her two-year-old daughter was in the house, shaking the usually quiet community.
Despite extensive investigations, the case went cold until 2019 when DNA evidence led detectives to Stephen Smerk, who was taken into custody in Niskayuna, New York.
Smerk confessed to the murder when detectives swabbed his DNA and is now awaiting extradition. He had no prior criminal history and appeared to choose his victim randomly.
The family expressed gratitude for the police departments’ work, and the case highlights the dedication of cold case detectives in delivering justice regardless of the timeline.
source: The DMV Daily
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [10-3-2023]
- Radio One Baltimore’s 2023 Bra-Cast
- Cathy Hughes Founded Radio One On This Day In 1980
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas Tour Is Coming To Baltimore
- Housing Choice Voucher Program, Known As Section 8, To Start Accepting Applications For Baltimore City
- Baltimore County Public Schools Launches New App For Parents & Students To Track School Buses In Real Time
- Judge Terminates Conservatorship Between Michael Oher & Tuohy Family
- Jason Billingsley, Man Suspected In The Murder Of Tech CEO Pava LaPere, Has Been Arrested
- $6,000 Reward Offered For Information That Leads To An Arrest Of Man Wanted In The Murder Of Tech CEO Pava LaPere
- Baltimore Orioles Legend Brooks Robinson Dies At 86
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Fairfax County Police Achieve DNA Breakthrough Leading To Arrest In 1994 Grisly Homicide Case was originally published on woldcnews.com
Throwback Thursday: Classic Gospel Songs That Still Excite The Black Church
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Zoleka Mandela, Nelson Mandela’s Granddaughter Dies Of Cancer At 43
7 Throwback Gospel Performances We'll Never Forget
Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces "The Hope Revival" Tour
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors
Kirk Franklin Shares Emotional “Father’s Day” Documentary; Social Media Responds
Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces Dates For The Newly Rebranded Woman Evolve Conference