In Memoriam: Celebrities We Lost In 2017
1. Prodigy (left) of Mobb Deep, 42Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. Linda Hopkins, 92Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. Charlie Murphy, 57Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. Mary Tyler Moore, 804 of 8
5. Lee “Q” O’Denat, 435 of 8
6. William Hilliard, 896 of 8
7. Bishop Eddie Long, 637 of 8
8. Roy Innis, 828 of 8
According to multiple sources, Queensbridge rap legend, Albert “Prodigy” Johnson has died. He was 42 years old.
His publicist confirmed the news to TMZ stating the rapper had been hospitalized “a few days ago in Vegas after a Mobb Deep performance for complications caused by a sickle cell anemia crisis. As most of his fans know, Prodigy battled the disease since birth.”
The outlet reports the rapper was found unconscious in Las Vegas on Tuesday morning, but the exact cause of death has not been confirmed.
The news circulated after fellow Queens native Nas posted a photo of the rapper with the caption, “QB RIP King P. Prodigy 4 ever.”
Prodigy was one half of the legendary group Mobb Debb, which included Kejuan Muchita, also known as “Havoc.”
This is a developing story.