Dr. Wes Bellamy is the Vice Mayor of Charlottesville, Virginia, where tragedy, sparked by a white supremacist rally, took place over the weekend. Dr. Bellamy spoke to Erica Campbell about how the city is responding to the shocking events, and how they plan to move forward. He explains that people are ready to move forward, discusses a couple events that have taken place since the rally that saw people of many different colors and background come together to talk about solutions.
Dr. Bellamy talks a little bit about the history of Charlottesville’s resistance in the fight for equality, and the ongoing fight to address that. He notes that, although the majority of Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell.”
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings With Erica Campbell” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
RELATED: John Singleton On Why The Crack Epidemic Was A War [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Fred Hammond On Why We Can’t Pretend Gospel’s Heavier Issues Don’t Exist [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Deitrick Haddon Talks About Helping Men In Prison [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
13 Reasons We Are Still Thankful For President Barack Obama
13 photos Launch gallery
1. We'll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.
1 of 13
2. And let's not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.
2 of 13
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.
3 of 13
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.
4 of 13
5. He was never afraid to have a good time.
5 of 13
6. The White House was always lit, and full of celebs.
6 of 13
7. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.
7 of 13
8. Plus, he's all about b-ball.
8 of 13
9. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.
9 of 13
10. Despite his insane schedule, he's a pretty hands on dad.
10 of 13
11. ... And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.
11 of 13
12. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we're thankful.
12 of 13
13. He gave us hope...
13 of 13