Janet Jackson’s “State of The World” tour kicked off earlier this month and the singing sensation plans to use her platform to help those in need.
The superstar sat down backstage during her rehearsal in Louisiana and announced that she will visit Houston shelters victims on Friday during the Houston stop of her tour.
“I know there were rumors on whether we were going to do the show in Houston or not do the show in Houston, but I’m here to tell you that we’re going to do the show in Houston,” she posted on Instagram.
“But we’re going to roll in early because we want to visit some of the shelters, and not just visit, we want to do something really special for the victims,” she continued.
Jackson joins a slew of celebrities and volunteers who flocked to the Houston area after the storm to aid in relief efforts.
Baby Alert: Janet Jackson Spotted With Adorable Little Eissa
These Celebs Took A Page Out Of Janet Jackson’s Style Book
1. Janet Jackson made shoulder pads the go-to trend in the ’80s.Source: 1 of 12
2. Amber Rose is a fan of the maverick look.Source: 2 of 12
3. Nothing says incognito and stylish like dark shades, a hat, and a red lip.Source: 3 of 12
4. Rihanna got the memo.Source: 4 of 12
5. Janet gave the masculine pantsuit a feminine touch.Source: 5 of 12
6. Stars like Blac Chyna and Amber Rose showed off a little more skin and a lot more curves.Source: 6 of 12
7. Having piercings other than your ears and belly button was pretty taboo back when Janet revealed her septum ring.Source: 7 of 12
8. Janet became synonymous with braids back in the ’90s following the release of her film “Poetic Justice.”Source: 8 of 12
9. Braids have now become the hottest trend for young celebs like Zoe Kravitz—from street style to the red carpet.Source: 9 of 12
10. Ms. Jackson made it sexy to bare your sculpted abs in a midriff top.Source: 10 of 12
11. Ciara was definitely inspired by the crop top look.Source: 11 of 12
12. Rihanna made waves on the internet when she rocked the throwback look. The apple doesn’t fall far from the icon tree.Source: 12 of 12
Janet Jackson Plans To Visit Hurricane Harvey Victims Before Her Tour Stop In Houston was originally published on www.hellobeautiful.com