For one Houston couple they couldn’t wait to meet their baby boy. Unfortunately before giving birth, Royer needed to undergo surgery while still in the womb. According to The New York Times, the baby had experimental surgery for spina bifida done.
Doctors were concerned that he wasn’t going to be able to move his legs and feet, but when his mother gave birth he came out kicking. Royer even tried to escape from his nurse that tried to swaddle him. The father in an interview said, “We faced a lot of doom and gloom in San Diego, but we had a lot of hope and optimism. We want to get awareness out to other people that there are options. It’s definitely worth doing the research.”
Researchers wanted to try this surgery before birth because it gives the child better odds of being able to walk. The mother said, “It was so worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. That’s for sure.” Royer will have to come back for checkups, but we are so happy for this family.
- Shoppers to Begin Closing Stores Across the Area
- “One on One” Creator, Notable Television Writer & Producer Eunetta T. Boone Dead At 63
- Charlottesville Public Schools Closed For Two Days After Racist Threats Online
- 5-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Crushed By Table At Church [VIDEO]
- Church Asking For Donations After Stain Glass Windows Were Damaged By Vandalism
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Listening To Today’s Hip-Hop Music [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: Jesus Gave Everything You Need [VIDEO]
- CVS Is Now Launching CBD Products, Soon To Be Available in Maryland
- Girl, Bye: Felicity Huffman’s Shame Is ‘Unfathomable’ After Trying To Get Her Mediocre Kid Into College
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Announces She’s Officially Done Having Kids, So Please Stop Asking Her If She’s Pregnant [VIDEO]
Baby Boy Kicks After Spina Bifida Surgery In The Womb was originally published on getuperica.com