For one Houston couple they couldn’t wait to meet their baby boy. Unfortunately before giving birth, Royer needed to undergo surgery while still in the womb. According to The New York Times, the baby had experimental surgery for spina bifida done.
Doctors were concerned that he wasn’t going to be able to move his legs and feet, but when his mother gave birth he came out kicking. Royer even tried to escape from his nurse that tried to swaddle him. The father in an interview said, “We faced a lot of doom and gloom in San Diego, but we had a lot of hope and optimism. We want to get awareness out to other people that there are options. It’s definitely worth doing the research.”
Researchers wanted to try this surgery before birth because it gives the child better odds of being able to walk. The mother said, “It was so worth it. I’d do it again in a heartbeat. That’s for sure.” Royer will have to come back for checkups, but we are so happy for this family.
- Juan And Lisa Winans Talk New Christmas Album “A Little Soul For Christmas”
- SOP Memory Scripture Of The Week – Luke 2:14
- Maryland Identification Cards Will Be Changing
- UPDATE: President Trump Cancels Baltimore Visit
- White Supremacist Who Ran Over Anti-Racism Protester Heather Heyer Found Guilty Of Murder
- TV One Premieres “Living By Design” Holiday Special With Jake Smollett, Jazz Smollett & Ledisi This Weekend [VIDEO]
- Y’Anna Crawley Shares How Putting Aretha Franklin On Her Vision Board Every Year Made Her Want To Record “How I Got Over”
- EJ Bradford’s Family Lawyers Make Progress In Shooting Investigation As Questions Linger
- Professional Or No? Curvy Teacher Has Social Media In An Uproar
- Get Up! News Roundup: Derrick Fisher Lands Job With LA Sparks, BET Celebrates Quincy Jones This Weekend & More
Baby Boy Kicks After Spina Bifida Surgery In The Womb was originally published on getuperica.com