South Korea is currently hosting the Winter Olympics and most don’t know that they are one of the “biggest exporters” of the gospel. In an article on CBN a missionary movement helped the spread of Christianity over the last half-century. Jae Kyeong Lee, a leader in the Korea Baptist Convention spoke on the missions and how it all started.
He said, “24 missionaries were officially sent out by the Korean churches in 1974. Their number grew exponentially, and 40 years after Korea sent out its first missionaries, 27,436 Korean missionaries from various denominations were serving in 170 countries.” Christianity has thrived and has made many follow the gospel.
Only one percent of the country’s population was Christian in 1885 and since then the number has grown drastically. Certain areas of South Korea has adopted morning prayer into their day. Although younger people growing up in the area has been turning away from religion it will continue to be on the rise.
- Get Up! News Roundup: How Black History Could Be Made At The Oscars, Michael Jackson’s Estate Suing HBO & More
- Travis Malloy On Music: “Lord I Don’t Want To Write Another Song Unless It Comes From You”
- Smokie Norful, Shirtley Caesar & More Tapped To Perform At Tom Joyner’s Fantastic Voyage
- William McDowell Inks Deal With Integrity Music Label
- Chick-fil-A Introducing Keto-Friendly Menu
- 7 Bible Verses To Help Comfort You After The Loss Of A Loved One
- 1 Dead, 4 Hurt After Shooting in West Baltimore
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike Unveils Icon Jersey For Colin Kaepernick, Jussie Smollett In Police Custody & More
- How DeVon Franklin’s New Book Will Give Men A Lesson On Learning How To Love
- A Biracial Family Was Having A Photoshoot In The Park When #SidewalkSally Attacked Them For ‘Trampling The Grass’
The History Of Black Athletes In The Winter Olympics
1. Black OlympiansSource: 1 of 9
2. Tai Babilonia (Figure Skating)Source: 2 of 9
3. William “Willie” Davenport (Bobsledding)Source: 3 of 9
4. Debi Thomas (Ice Skating)Source: 4 of 9
5. Surya Bonaly (Figure Skating)Source: 5 of 9
6. Vonetta Flowers (Bobsledding)Source: 6 of 9
7. Jarome Iginla (Hockey)Source: 7 of 9
8. Shani Davis (Speedskating)Source: 8 of 9
9. The Women’s US Olympic Bobsled TeamSource: 9 of 9
How South Korea Became One Of The Biggest Exporters Of The Gospel was originally published on getuperica.com