Lonnie Hunter is a successful gospel singer, Stellar Award winner, pastor and radio personality. He talked about how music at a young age changed his life and how thankful he is for it. Lonnie’s godmother was the famous Albertina Walker.
They used to sing all the time together and when she passed away when he was 9 he wanted to keep her memory alive. Lonnie said, “I kept going and growing.” She planted a seed and he is so thankful for what she did for him. Lonnie also spoke about how God is governing our lives and to remember that he will never fail us.
Listen to “Get Up! Morning with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Keith Ellison’s Political Opponents Are Trying Every Trick In The Book To Beat Him
- GRIFF’s Prayer: Discovering Words That Can Be Used Internationally [VIDEO]
- Retired Minister Could Possibly Be Evicted For Holding Bible Study In His Apartment
- Mo’Nique’s Snatched Waist Is Everything You Need Today!
- Stacey Abrams On Steady Grind Rallying Against Voter Suppression Ahead Of Midterms
- Georgia Police Department Sparks More Outrage After Cop Drags Black Boy On Video
- 9-Year-Old Boy On Being Falsely Accused Of Groping #CornerstoreCaroline: ‘I Don’t Forgive This Woman’
- Baltimore Can’t Find A Police Chief As Crime Spirals Out Of Control
- Frazzled White Woman Calls Police On Black Children: ‘It’s Like A Riot Out Here!’
- President Obama Debunks Your Reasons For Not Voting