Lonnie Hunter is a successful gospel singer, Stellar Award winner, pastor and radio personality. He talked about how music at a young age changed his life and how thankful he is for it. Lonnie’s godmother was the famous Albertina Walker.
They used to sing all the time together and when she passed away when he was 9 he wanted to keep her memory alive. Lonnie said, “I kept going and growing.” She planted a seed and he is so thankful for what she did for him. Lonnie also spoke about how God is governing our lives and to remember that he will never fail us.
Listen to “Get Up! Morning with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Everything You Need to Know About Survivor Soul Stroll 2019
- GRIFF Prayer: Toys He Wasn’t Allowed To Play With [VIDEO]
- Faith Walking: God Is My Source [VIDEO]
- Baltimore Lands on America’s Hottest Affordable Areas List
- Not On The Lord’s Day: Hotel Dishwasher Wins $21 Million Settlement When Boss Tried To Make Her Work On Sundays
- Study Finds Teen Churchgoers Stop Attending As Young Adults
- John Boyega Producing Movie “God Is Good” About A Gangster-Turned-Pastor
- Gladys Knight To Perform National Anthem At Super Bowl LIII
- (Sigh): 6 Reasons It’s Mid-January & Your New Year Resolutions Are Already Dying
- Get Up! News Roundup: Nike To Release The LeBron 16 ‘Equality’ Sneakers On MLK Day, Alicia Keys To Host The GRAMMY Awards & More