April Harden is the church coordinator for Angel Tree Christmas. It’s an organization that helps families of incarcerated parents and brings the kids gifts. Many people don’t know, but over 2.7 million children have parents that are incarcerated.
April shared her story about how she went to prison from the ages of 17-20. She was caught drinking and driving and almost killed someone.
She mentioned that it was during that time in prison where she focused on God’s word. April got involved with Angel Tree Christmas when a woman brought over gifts to her kids when they found out the father of her children were in prison. April mentioned that her being in prison was her training in life.
She is still friends with the woman and spoke about how her kids were able to go to the summer camp. It is such a overwhelming feeling that a stranger helped her. She is so blessed and thankful for what God did for her as well as her family.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Starbucks Closing 150 Stores Next Year
- Governor Larry Hogan Pulls National Guard From Mexican Border
- U.S. Representative Elijah Cummings Shares Emotional Response To Immigration Policies
- What Warryn & Erica Campbell’s Friends Think About “We’re The Campbells” [VIDEO]
- The Stage Is Set: Michael Jackson Musical Heads To Broadway
- Joy Living: God Is The Joy And The Strength Of My Life [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Why We Celebrate Juneteenth
- Here’s Everything You Need To Know About Warryn & Erica Campbell’s New Reality Show [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Maurette’s Tip For Tuesday – Put On The Whole Armor
- Black Music Month: Donnie McClurkin
Latice Crawford At The 2017 Prayer Breakfast
1.1 of 13
2.2 of 13
3.3 of 13
4.4 of 13
5.5 of 13
6.6 of 13
7.7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9.9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11.11 of 13
12.12 of 13
13.13 of 13
April Harden Shares How She Used Her Incarceration As Training [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com