Dr. Ramel Smith is back and is talking about depression, suicide and seeking help. After the recent suicides of Anthony Bourdain and Kate Spade, the team is addressing how family and friends can help loved ones.
Many people go to pastors or others at church to seek help because they feel comfortable with that person. Dr. Ramel Smith mentioned just going to someone because you need support is a start. He also spoke about even before there is a problem we should be speaking to a therapist or psychologist.
When someone commits suicide studies show it affects 6 people that are very close to them. GRIFF also talked about the number of vets that commit suicide every year. Dr. Ramel Smith believes we can address that issue by helping them to re-enter society and prep them for it the same as we prepare them for war.
RELATED: Celebrity Suicides
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Darwin Hobbs Debuts New Song, “Get Ready” [EXCLUSIVE]
- Maryland To Move Into Phase 1B Of Its COVID-19 Vaccination Plan Starting Monday
- Baltimore Judge Denies Request To Overturn City’s Indoor Dining Ban
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Nominated To Be Vice Chair Of DNC
- Samsung Unveils Its New Flagship Galaxy Phone Lineup The S21, S21+ and S20 Ultra
- Alicia Keys Launches New Skincare Products Through Her Beauty Brand Keys Soulcare
- Biden Picks Jaime Harrison To Lead DNC As Critics Say ‘Good Riddance’ To Tom Perez
- Coming Soon: Lecrae Announces ‘Church Clothes 4’ Mixtape
- Rep. Cori Bush Called Out White Supremacy On House Floor, Was Unjustly Booed
- Maryland Congressman To Lead Prosecution Of Trump’s Second Impeachment
10 Celebrities We’ve Lost To Suicide [PHOTOS]
1. Don CorneliusSource: 1 of 10
2. Robin WilliamsSource: 2 of 10
3. Lee Thompson YoungSource: 3 of 10
4. Simone BattleSource: 4 of 10
5. Aaron HernandezSource: 5 of 10
6. Chris LightySource: 6 of 10
Source: 7 of 10
8. Alexander McQueen
Source: 8 of 10
9. Freddy E.
Source: 9 of 10
Same nigga since '91. pic.twitter.com/Uiwj0aPF— Freddy E. (@Freddy_E) January 5, 2013
10. Kate Spade
Source: 10 of 10
Dr. Ramel Smith: “Find A Psychologist Or Therapist Before You Need One” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com