Tyler Perry is having conversations with Paramount Global about the purchase of a majority stake in BET Media Group.
Perry, 53, already owns a minority stake in the company. He has a long history with both BET and Paramount, which could help with the purchasing process should the two sides decide to move forward. Both companies have played significant roles in Perry’s entertainment career, with BET helping to fund Perry’s ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’ nearly 20 years ago.
Paramount, like most TV entertainment companies, has been making a lot of moves lately. If they move forward with Perry it could help in their desire to continue the rebrand of Paramount + and Pluto TV, the ad-supported streaming service that also falls within the Paramount umbrella.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Earlier this year, Paramount announced it would be rebranding both Showtime’s linear and streaming platforms as Paramount+ With Showtime, folding the iconic brand into its priority streamer Paramount+. The move has already led to significant leadership changes and layoffs across the company.
Representatives for Paramount Global and Perry did not immediately respond to request for comment.
To finish the report from Variety, [click here].
- Marvin Sapp Introduces ‘You Kept Me’ Single [LISTEN]
- The Impact Of Words On Your Success | Dr. Willie Jolley
- The DMV Salutes Richard Smallwood For His 75th Birthday! (LIVE STREAM)
- Master Beautician Consquilla Carey Shares Her Top 5 Nourishing Hair Masks
- Ben Carson Is ‘Frontrunner’ To Be Donald Trump’s VP Running Mate, Viral Rumor Claims
- Nate Burleson, Co-Host Of CBS Mornings, Set To Host “Best Of Super Bowl Gospel Celebration” TV Special
- Christmas Village Has Returned To Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
- We Grieve But We Still Have Hope | Faith Walking
- Bishop Dan Willis Debuts His New Song ‘I’ll Recover All’ and Talks Upcoming Album
- Stock Up On Holiday Gifts At Bath & Body Works’ Annual Candle Day
Tyler Perry May Purchase Majority Stake in BET From Paramount Global was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Throwback Thursday: Classic Gospel Songs That Still Excite The Black Church
Bishop Carlton D. Pearson Dies At 70 After Battle With Cancer
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Gospel Singer DOE Announces Engagement: "And So It Begins"
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors
Legendary Clark Sister Jacky Clark Chisholm Introduces Her ‘ Jacky?’ Album! [LISTEN]
Erica Campbell Joins ‘Tamron Hall’ To Talk New Album, Motherhood And GRAMMY Nominations
Rhea Walls Of The Walls Group Gives Birth To Baby Boy [PHOTOS]