Pastor John Gray and his wife, Aventer Gray came by “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” to discuss his meeting with Donald Trump. About two weeks ago Gray and several other pastors received backlash for meeting with Trump and he wanted to explain to everyone what took place candidly. Gray mentioned that he got a call from a pastor he used to work with and the White House wanted to meet with them about prison reform and bringing offenders into the workforce.
Gray believes that the church has a platform and opportunity not only to reach people in prison, but also the White House claimed they would discuss lowering minimum sentencing. He saw it as a great opportunity to discuss it after they even said they would pull the felony conviction off of some prisoners. Doing that would allow them to vote and possibly help especially since voting is so important.
Gray went, but told them he didn’t want any cameras of video footage taken. Unfortunately, when he arrived that was a different story. They even placed his seat right next to Trump and through social media it looked like he was showing love to him. On top of that the things that were supposed to be discussed weren’t.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [10-3-2023]
- There Is A Leader In You | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Radio One Baltimore’s 2023 Bra-Cast
- Cathy Hughes Founded Radio One On This Day In 1980
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas Tour Is Coming To Baltimore
- Housing Choice Voucher Program, Known As Section 8, To Start Accepting Applications For Baltimore City
- Baltimore County Public Schools Launches New App For Parents & Students To Track School Buses In Real Time
- Strive To Be Great | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Radio One Baltimore’s Think Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Brunch
- A Reboot Of Beloved Work Place Comedy ‘The Office’ May Return Soon
Pastor John Gray Talks About Why He Met With Donald Trump [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Throwback Thursday: Classic Gospel Songs That Still Excite The Black Church
Zoleka Mandela, Nelson Mandela’s Granddaughter Dies Of Cancer At 43
7 Throwback Gospel Performances We'll Never Forget
Kirk Franklin Shares Emotional “Father’s Day” Documentary; Social Media Responds
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors
Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces Dates For The Newly Rebranded Woman Evolve Conference
Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces "The Hope Revival" Tour