Aretha Franklin’s funeral on Friday, August 31st will be a day of special performances dedicated to the Queen of Soul. Rev. Jasper Williams Jr. spoke to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” about giving the eulogy for Franklin and how honored he is. Williams and Franklin’s family grew up in the same neighborhood and they were friends for many years.
One thing many people didn’t know was that Franklin would call churches and pastors as well as help their ministries. Williams said, “No one knew she was a giving spirit.” People continue to ask Williams how he will eulogize Franklin and right now he doesn’t have any answers. He’s asking everyone just to pray for him as he prepares to deliver the message and let us in on a secret that Dottie Peoples will sing at the funeral.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Follow The Leader Within | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Happy Anniversary: Michelle And Barack Obama Celebrate Their 31st Wedding Anniversary
- Issa Rae Named Creative Director of the 2024 American Black Film Festival
- The Conflict Between Worry and Prayer – A Motivational Moment
- Urban One Celebrates 43rd Anniversary Of Cathy Hughes Founding Media Empire
- Buy Black Tuesday: Where To Shop In B’More [10-3-2023]
- There Is A Leader In You | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Why Everyone’s Phone Will Alarm Wednesday Afternoon
- Erica Campbell Reveals the Inspiration and Impact of New ‘I Love You’ Album [LISTEN]
- Radio One Baltimore’s 2023 Bra-Cast
Throwback Thursday: Classic Gospel Songs That Still Excite The Black Church
Bishop Walter Scott Thomas, Pastor Of The New Psalmist Baptist Church In Baltimore, Announces Retirement
Zoleka Mandela, Nelson Mandela’s Granddaughter Dies Of Cancer At 43
7 Throwback Gospel Performances We'll Never Forget
Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces "The Hope Revival" Tour
12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors
Kirk Franklin Shares Emotional “Father’s Day” Documentary; Social Media Responds
Sarah Jakes Roberts Announces Dates For The Newly Rebranded Woman Evolve Conference