It’s been five years since we’ve heard music from singer-songwriter, Avril Lavigne. Her new song “Head Above Water” was recently released and according to Faith Wire it’s all about her relationship with God as well as her battle with Lyme disease. The lyrics are touching as she talks about how God saved her life after she thought it was over.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She describes the pain she endured and relates it as if she’s drowning. Lavigne also speaks about her strength and trust in the Lord. Some of the lyrics she sings is, “God keep my head above water / Don’t let me drown / It gets harder / I’ll meet you there at the altar / As I fall down to my knees / Don’t let me drown / Don’t let me drown.” She asks God to save her and praises his name throughout the song.
Since 2015, Lavigne has battled with Lyme disease and years ago spoke about how she hid her disease from the media. She left the music industry for nearly five years and now has this inspirational song that fans will love. Lavigne revealed how she came up with the lyrics and said, “I thought I was dying, and I had accepted that I was going to die. My mom laid with me in bed and held me. I felt like I was drowning. Under my breath, I prayed ‘God, please help to keep my head above the water.’ In that moment, the song writing of this album began. It was like I tapped into something. It was a very spiritual experience. Lyrics flooded through me from that point on.” This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a pop artist crossover to gospel and we look forward to hearing her other songs.
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource: 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource: 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource: 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource: 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource: 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource: 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource: 7 of 7
- The Bible Is Black History: Dr. Theron D. Williams Discusses The Correlation Between The Bible & Black History
- Marvin Sapp Launched A New Entertainment Company & He’s Looking For Talent! [EXCLUSIVE]
- Prayers Up: DMX Passes Away At 50 After Week Spent On Life Support Following Heart Attack
- Baltimore Police Investigating Reports Of Home Invasions In Southeast Neighborhoods
- Police Reform Bills Awaiting Governor’s Action, Hogan Critical
- Virginia Governor Who Once Wore Blackface Endorses Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe To Replace Him
- Black Journalists Association Says CBS Must Change ‘Toxic Culture’
- Twitter Reportedly Was In Discussions To Drop A $4 Billion Bag On Clubhouse
- Justin Fairfax’s Problematic Comparison To Emmett Till, George Floyd Doesn’t Fly
- Body Cam Video Shows LAPD Incorrectly Accosting Black Man In Hollywood
Avril Lavigne Releases First Song In Five Years About Her Relationship With God [AUDIO] was originally published on getuperica.com