90s rapper Charli Baltimore spent 22 days in the hospital after developing a rare bone infection following surgery on a broken bone.
Baltimore, who updated fans via Instagram, is fighting through the health scare and already had four additional surgeries after breaking a bone in her leg. She also had to receive a blood transfusion due to complications from the infection. “The infection actually ate thru my incisions down to the bone till it was visable,” she wrote.
Nurses are monitoring Baltimore at home where she has to receive special antibiotics through an PICC IV.
My current situation …having to have IV antibiotics at home thru a special picc IV in my arm that connects into my chest and nurses coming to my house everyday after just spending 22 days in the hospital…undergoing 4 additional surgeries back to back and a blood transfusion after getting a super rare bone infection, that according to statistics only 2 out of 10,000 people that have had surgery on a broken bone contract….The infection actually ate thru my incisions down to the bone till it was visable!!!Straight out of a horror movie !!!my post is not for sympathy but only to say I could of lost my leg or possibly my life ..and it’s wild that during those 22 days in the hospital ..people I met maybe once or twice were more worried and checkin on me than some people I’ve helped or known all of my life …of course my day 1’s were there but it’s funny how people disappear when you’re in potentially the worst situation of your life.So Thank u to everyone that showed me they cared and also thank u to everyone that I would have expected to care but didn’t cause you taught me a valuable lesson…..people’s need of u and love for you can change depending on the circumstances and The real ones will show u what u truly mean to them when ur at your most vulnerable so keep your circle small and tight…. S/o to all my nurses and asst.nurses at Kennedy hospital ….all u guys were the best and kept my spirits up😘😘😘 of course the docs too but I was in there so damn long I got mega cool with all my nurses lol
My surgeon got jokes….I told him I have a shoe addiction pre surgery and since it'll likely be close to a year before I'm fully able to walk properly …he said he gave me a red bottom cast 😂😂😂😂…..ayeeee S/o to Dr.Kovacs,one of the top rated orthopedic surgeons in NJ.He did a great job and my Red bottom cast is that work 😜😂😂👠👠👠lol he may have been listening to that Cardi B pre surgery
Fans flooded Baltimore’s comment section with warm prayers and responses.
10 Rappers With Unexpected Side Businesses
1. Pharrell Williams recently announced he’s teaming with upscale grocery store Dean & DeLuca to offer a line called “The Williams Family Kitchen” inspired by authentic recipes straight from the Williams family.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. 2 Chainz never forgets where he came from. The rapper once revealed that he’s a landlord in his hometown of Atlanta.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. Lil Kim has always been about her coins. The Queen Bee teamed with North Carolina salon owner and cousin Katrise Jones to expand and franchise Jones’ Salon Se Swa brand to five salons.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. One of the most unexpected business ventures in hip-hop history was Jay Z acquiring partial ownership of the New Jersey Nets, bringing them to play in his hometown of Brooklyn. Iconic!Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Cam’ron has had some of the most innovative businesses in the rap game. He’s had everything from his own line of cereal to capes to even owning his own chicken spot in Harlem.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. Snoop Dogg has his hands in almost anything you can think of. One of his more unusual side projects is his chain of Snoopermarkets with Overstock.com.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. Rick Ross put his money where his mouth is. The MMG Boss has built himself a small empire of Wingstop franchises.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Everyone knows 50 Cent is the ultimate hustler. The rapper/actor/producer made millions from his Vitamin Water deal and even invests in platinum mines in South Africa.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. LL Cool J has been making moves since his career started many years ago. The rapper released a children’s book called “And the Winner Is…. “. It comes with a CD and is part of a Scholastic series called Hip Kid Hop. It’s still available on Amazon.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Back in 2008, E-40 invested in Icepiks by E.D.K.O.: A studded toothpick held in the teeth of celebs like Chris Brown and Ja Rule for stylish purposes.Source:Getty 10 of 10