Chicago’s hometown hero, Chance The Rapper, led thousands to an early voting site on Monday evening after his “Parade To The Polls” concert, according to USA Today.
In conjunction with the rapper’s non-profit organization, SocialWorks, Chance performed for free at Grant Park’s Petrillo Music Shell ahead of the march. The location was moved from the Virgin Hotels Chicago due to capacity concerns, the outlet writes.
Chance and the social justice organization, the Black Youth 100 Project, led thousands of Chicago millennials to an early voting site on Washington Street, where lines stretched for blocks, according to WLS.
According to WLS, Cook County broke early voting records, surpassing numbers set in the 2008 election. By 8 p.m., more than 438,212 people had cast a ballot at the polls using early voting, grace period voting, or vote by mail.
Last week, the rapper, along with Jay Z, Beyoncé, Big Sean and J. Cole, performed at Hillary Clinton‘s Get Out the Vote rally in Cleveland. The star-studded group also appeared in a last-minute TIDAL campaign aimed at millennial voters, Billboard Magazine reports.
“She’s running this battle right now, she’s killing this race but she needs all of our help as American citizens to go out on November 8 and cast our vote,” Chance says in the three-minute spot.
Want gospel news at your fingertips? Text BMORE to 52140 to join our text club!
- Keyondra Lockett Becomes First Gospel Artist To Get Her Own Doll
- Michelle Obama Reveals What She Will Miss Most About Being First Lady
- Kirk Franklin & Family Celebrate His Daughter’s Wedding [VIDEO & PHOTOS]
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @praisebaltimore
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Hillary Clinton's Pantsuit Evolution (PHOTOS)
1. Hillary Clinton's Pantsuit EvolutionSource:Getty 1 of 21
2. African Methodist Episcopal Baptist Church (1993)Source:Getty 2 of 21
3. United Foundry Methodist Church (1994)Source:Getty 3 of 21
4. The First Family (1994)Source:Getty 4 of 21
5. Foundry Methodist Church (1996)Source:Getty 5 of 21
6. White House (1998)Source:Getty 6 of 21
7. The Tonight Show (2000)Source:Getty 7 of 21
8. U.S. Open (2001)Source:Getty 8 of 21
9. Lower Manhattan Cultural Council Event (2005)Source:Getty 9 of 21
10. Campaigning at Drake University (2007)Source:Getty 10 of 21
11. Democratic National Convention (2008)Source:Getty 11 of 21
12. Rally in Raliegh (2008)Source:Getty 12 of 21
13. Rally at Don Haskins Arena at UTEP University (2008Source:Getty 13 of 21
14. Campaigning in Louisville, Kentucky (2016)Source:Getty 14 of 21
15. Campaigning in Bowling Green, Kentucky (2016)Source:Getty 15 of 21
16. NYC Gay Pride (2016)Source:Getty 16 of 21
17. Campaigning in Charlotte, North Carolina (2016)Source:Getty 17 of 21
18. Campaign Rally Portsmouth High School (2016)Source:Getty 18 of 21
19. Campaign Rally at the Florida International University Panther Arena (2016)Source:Getty 19 of 21
20. 2016 Democratic National Contention (2016)Source:Getty 20 of 21
21. Democratic National Contention (2016)Source:Getty 21 of 21
Chance The Rapper Leads Thousands Of Chicago Millennials To Early Voting Site was originally published on newsone.com