Donald Lawrence has a new song featuring Le’Andria Johnson that left Erica Campbell and GRIFF speechless this morning (listen below). Having just released his Goshen 432HZ album with the Tri-City Singers, marking their 25th anniversary, Lawrence dropped by Get Up! Mornings to discuss reuniting the group after all these years and what inspired the album.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Goshen – as seen in the Bible’s book of Exodus – was God’s protective place and Lawrence says he wanted his new music to parallel the book in a way that reminds people to be aware of their inner pharaohs because “sometimes we need to be delivered from ourselves,” he said, and to be open to God’s restoration because the next step is forward.
Press play to listen to his full interview up top!
ALSO TRENDING :
- 12 Gospel Artists Who Are Also Pastors [PHOTOS]
- Sherri Shepherd Shares That Jehovah’s Witness Religion Broke Up Her Family
- John Gray Reveals He Wanted To Commit Suicide, Has Spirit Rebuked By T.D. Jakes
7 Gospel Singers Who Went From Singing Background To Going Solo
1. David and Tamela MannSource: 1 of 7
2. Isaac CarreeSource: 2 of 7
3. Todd DulaneySource: 3 of 7
4. Gene MooreSource: 4 of 7
5. Sharon AnnSource: 5 of 7
6. Candy WestSource: 6 of 7
7. Jermaine DollySource: 7 of 7
Donald Lawrence Explains The Significance Of “Goshen” In His Album Title [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on getuperica.com