It’s seems like every few months or so, America is hit with a tragedy that forces the nation to take a good look at itself and it’s dirty laundry.
In recent months, we’ve seen natural disasters strike beloved places like Texas and Puerto Rico, all while the White House and government affairs are in utter disarray. We’ve seen Donald Trump blatantly ignore the racist acts of neo-Nazis while pointing the finger at the oppressed as the source of the problem.
But Sunday night’s Las Vegas mass shooting illustrated why we miss the poise and integrity of our 44th President, Barack Obama, and how much of an impact he had during tough times the country has faced. If you didn’t already think of Obama as a hero without a cape, just compare him to the 45th Head of State who spends more time arguing with athletes on Twitter than he does trying to help American citizens.
From Sandy Hook to Orlando, take a look at all the times Barack Obama has gracefully addressed a mass shooting during his presidency.
Every Time President Obama Has Addressed A Mass Shooting In His Presidency
1. Fort Hood Shooting – November 5, 2009Source:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 1 of 13
2. Tucson Shooting – January 8, 2011Source:Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images 2 of 13
3. Aurora Shooting – July 20, 2012Source:Karl Gehring/The Denver Post via Getty Images 3 of 13
4. Sikh Temple Shooting – August 5, 2012Source:Scott Olson/Getty Images 4 of 13
5. Sandy Hook Shooting – December 14, 2012Source:EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images 5 of 13
6. Navy Yard Shooting – September 16, 2013Source:Alex Wong/Getty Images 6 of 13
7. Second Fort Hood Shooting – April 2, 2014Source:BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images 7 of 13
8. Kansas Jewish Community Shooting – April 13, 2014Source:Julie Denesha/Getty Images 8 of 13
9. Charleston Emanuel AME Shooting – June 17, 2015Source:JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images 9 of 13
10. Chattanooga Recruiting Center Shooting – July 16, 2015Source:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 10 of 13
11. Umpqua Community College Shooting – October 1, 2015Source:Steve Dykes/Getty Images 11 of 13
12. San Bernardino – December 2, 2015Source:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 12 of 13
13. Orlando Pulse Shooting – June 12, 2016Source:BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images 13 of 13
Every Time Barack Obama Has Addressed A Mass Shooting In His Presidency was originally published on www.globalgrind.com