Ms. Tina Lawson had to get some things off her chest after racist trolls — including conservative talking head Tomi Lahren — took to social media to pop off about Beyonce’s speech while presenting the Muhammad Ali Legacy Award to Colin Kaepernick at the 2017 Sports Illustrated Awards Tuesday night.
“Colin took action with no fear of consequence or repercussion, only hope to change the world for the better,” Beyoncé said. “To change perception, to change the way we treat each other, especially people of color. We’re still waiting for the world to catch up. It’s been said that racism is so American that when we protest racism, some assume we’re protesting America.”
Tomi hopped online Wednesday morning to react to Queen Bey’s speech, saying: “Police-hating Beyoncé presents police and America-hating Kappy with a ‘legacy’ award. This is how far we’ve fallen. Wow,” Lahren tweeted, alongside a photo of Beyoncé and Kaepernick during the event.
Beyoncè stressed during her speech that “Colin has always been very respectful of the individuals who selflessly serve and protect our country and our communities and our families. His message is solely focused on social injustice for historically disenfranchised people. Let’s not get that mistaken.”
After accepting the award, Kaepernick said, “With or without the NFL’s platform, I will continue to work for the people because my platform is the people.”
Bey’s mom unleashed a lengthy response to critics of her daughter’s speech and to those who choose to misinterpret Colin’s message.
Read Ms. Tina’s UNEDITED response below:
View this post on Instagram
Wow what a powerful statement !! Thank you Beyonce for being brave enough to say what many of us are thinking!!! Translates to me as : when you protest injustice and racism & put a spotlight on it that means that you are being “ Un American “or disrespectful to our country ! What does that say about this Country? Our current administration would have you believe that the protest was protesting the flag and the national anthem !! Wrong!!! There is no mention of the purpose of his protest which was the killing of innocent unarmed black men and racism in this country. The constant smokeScreens and deflecting that’s done every day is laughable! That is the game that they play with us every day about everything. They would have you believe that this is about people disrespecting the flag or disrespecting our soldiers. What bullshit? It’s very interesting that in Beyoncé s speech She makes it crystal clear that Mr. Kaepernick nor anyone else was disrespecting our soldiers or The good police officers the ones that really do protect us every day, and we have the utmost respect for. Or the Flag. Its interesting that I don’t see that printed as often as the other part which i have read over and over. I just have to say that in my opinion if you are a person that is a good human being and devoid of racism but that when you hear or see injustices being done to someone else and you don’t stand up and say something about it, when you can conveniently look the other way , you are complicit in this behavior and are almost as guilty as the person perpetrating it! I don’t expect everyone to get it!! I do expect that this is going to piss a lot of people off and if it does you are exactly who I’m talking about if the shoe fits wear it! My prayer is that this will inspire at least one person to please stand up today to injustice !!! ❤️
Behind the Scenes at The Willie Moore Jr. Show [PHOTOS]
1. The Manns
1 of 62
2. Willie Moore with Evelyn Lozada and her daughter
2 of 62
3. Mary Mary and Willie
3 of 62
4. No Malice and Willie
4 of 62
5. Willie and Jennifer Williams
5 of 62
6. William Mcdowell
6 of 62
7. The Hairstons
7 of 62
8. Dr. Ian Smith with Willie Moore Jr.
8 of 62
9. The Walls Group stopped by!
9 of 62
10. Willie Moore with the "Growing up Hip-Hop" cast
10 of 62
11. Willie Moore with the Ron Carter Academy
11 of 62
12. Trina and Willie Moore
12 of 62
13. Dick Gregory and Willie Moore Jr.
13 of 62
14. Evander Holyfield and Willie Moore Jr.
14 of 62
15. The Hairston's and Willie Moore
15 of 62
16. Tim of Sweetie Pie's and Willie Moore Jr.
16 of 62
17. Willie Moore Jr. and the Hudson brothers
17 of 62
18. Tweet and Willie Moore Jr.
18 of 62
19. Kim Fields and Willie snap a photo!
19 of 62
20 of 62
21. Willie and Kirk Franklin
21 of 62
22. Kirk and Willie battle in a test of who is taller!
22 of 62
23. Anita Wilson and Willie Moore Jr.
23 of 62
24. Marlon Jackson and Willie Moore Jr.
24 of 62
25. Sheryl Lee Ralph and Willie
25 of 62
26 of 62
27. Geoffrey Golden and Willie
27 of 62
28. Marcus D. Wiley and Willie Moore Jr
28 of 62
29. Anthony Brown and Willie
29 of 62
30. Real Talk Kim and Willie Moore Jr.
30 of 62
31. Willie Moore Jr. and Anthony Brown
31 of 62
32. Lyfe Jennings and Willie Moore Jr.
32 of 62
33. Willie and Vashawn Mitchell
33 of 62
34. Aaron Cole and Willie Moore Jr.
34 of 62
35. Alex Faith, Tim Bowman Jr. and Willie Moore Jr.
35 of 62
36. Tim Bowman Jr. and Willie Moore Jr,
36 of 62
37. Virtue stops by the studio!
37 of 62
38. Erica Campbell with Willie's sons
38 of 62
39. Erica Campbell and Willie
39 of 62
40. Erica Campbell and Willie
40 of 62
41. Erica Campbell with Willie's sons
41 of 62
42. Demetria McKinney stops by.
42 of 62
43. Tamar Braxton and Willie
43 of 62
44. Bizzle and Willie snap a photo!
44 of 62
45. Jonathan McReynolds performs in studio!
45 of 62
46. Egypt Sherrod with Willie Moore Jr.
46 of 62
47. Egypt Sherrod
47 of 62
48. Egypt Sherrod with Willie Moore Jr.
48 of 62
49. Willie and Kandi!
49 of 62
50. Gail Devers
50 of 62
51. Kandi Burruss
51 of 62
52. Another snap of Willie Moore Jr. with gospel star Tasha Cobbs
52 of 62
53. Willie and Kandi!
53 of 62
54. Willie Moore Jr. snaps a photo with his wife and son
54 of 62
55. Kandi Burruss
55 of 62
56. Willie with gospel singer Canton Jones
56 of 62
57. Willie Moore Jr. with gospel star Tasha Cobbs
57 of 62
58. Willie Moore Jr. with his wife and sons Peyton and Princeton.
58 of 62
59. Marvin Sapp in studio with Willie Moore Jr.
59 of 62
60. Marvin Sapp and Willie Moore
60 of 62
61. Willie Moore and Pastor Charles Jenkins
61 of 62
62. Willie with Wess Morgan and Bishop Dale C. Bronner
62 of 62
Tina Lawson Has No Time For Beyoncè Critics After Kaepernick Speech was originally published on blackamericaweb.com