John Legend‘s career transcends his success as an artist. Over the past decade, he’s established several philanthropic and social justice organizations where he uses his influence to make a difference in the lives of others.
The “Glory” singer will be presented with the NAACP President’s Award at this year’s NAACP Image Awards.
“His contributions to music and artistic creativity have been recognized by peers and fans worldwide, and he is greatly admired for his humanitarian efforts” said Cornell William Brooks, President and CEO, NAACP.
“Legend remains a true inspiration through his philanthropic work and I am truly proud to honor his altruistic efforts both domestically and internationally by bestowing upon him this year’s NAACP President’s Award” added Brooks.
In 2007, Legend established “The Show Me Campaign” with the mission of providing students with a quality education as well as end the school-to-prison pipeline. Similarly, he recently launched, #FREEAMERICA, a multi-year culture change campaign focused on ending mass incarceration.
The nine-time Grammy award winner, Golden Globe and Oscar winner also has a successful production company, Get Lifted Film Co. that strives to provide TV and film content that’s inclusive and inspirational.
Legend, 37 and his wife, model Chrissy Teigen, 30, are expecting their first child this summer.
Watch Legend accept the coveted honor when the NAACP Image Awards air live on TV One Friday, February 5th at 9pm.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Kendall Jenner, John Legend, Miley Cyrus, & More
1. Kendall Jenner was seen posing for a selfie with a fan who tried to kiss her…Probably because she was flashing some serious side boob.Source: 1 of 9
2. Yeeesh!Source: 2 of 9
3. Viola Davis was in full chill mode while rocking a sporty Nike outfit as she arrived for “Jimmy Kimmel Live” in L.A. When you got an Emmy, you can do that.Source: 3 of 9
4. Michelle Williams was angelic in all-white at the Evine Live Celebration held at Villa Blanca in Beverly Hills.Source: 4 of 9
5. Kelly Rowland was snapped grocery shopping at Bristol Farms in Beverly Hills.Source: 5 of 9
6. From weed to mushrooms, Miley Cyrus wore an interesting outfit while leaving a restaurant in NYC.Source: 6 of 9
7. When you’re waiting on bae because they told you they’re outside, but they really five minutes away. Hello, John Legend.Source: 7 of 9
8. Jada Pinkett Smith, aka mother of The Second Coming. That’s Jaden Smith if you haven’t figured that out by now. In the name of the Fresh Prince. Amen.Source: 8 of 9
9. Keanu Reeves is really excited to promote his new movie “John Wick” in Japan. He’s probably acting out killing about a million people in the first 5 minutes of the film.Source: 9 of 9
John Legend Will Be Honored At This Year’s NAACP Image Awards was originally published on www.hellobeautiful.com