St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will take $412 million dollars to build an advanced research center. At this center it will be complete with glass-walled laboratories and give scientist a chance to share new ideas. The 625,000-square-foot building will begin construction in the spring.
According to Commercial Appeal, everything involving the research hospital should be done in 2021. Over 5,000 construction workers and 125 vendors will take one of the biggest projects the city has ever seen. Dr. James R. Downing said, “It will really be a state-of-the-art research center, unlike anything else built in the United States. What we’re really trying to do is enhance the collaborative space where people can interact. In many research buildings, researchers are sequestered away.”
This particular center will have a number of labs devoted to gene editing, immunotherapy and neurobiology. Downing said, “It’s really focused on fundamental biology processes that are altered under cancer and other catastrophic disease processes.” For so many years St. Jude has helped raise the survival rate in developed countries.
- Jackie Chan Is In Talks To Finally Make ‘Rush Hour 4’
- Pastor Jamal Bryant Wants Black Men To Come Back To Church With Cannabis Business
- Blessings On Blessings: Donald Lawrence Talks New Single & ‘A Night of Inspiration’ At Carnegie Hall
- The Black Male Teacher Shortage Won’t Change Until America Learns To ”Love Black Boys,” Professor Says
- Brittney Griner Freed From Russian Prison In Prisoner Swap
- The 12 Days of Christmas – The Gift of Courage | Dr. Willie Jolley
- Kentucky Student Kylah Spring Is ‘Not Surprised’ Sophia Rosing Hasn’t Apologized For Racist Attack
- Overturned MTA Bus Leaves Three Injured In South Baltimore
- Patrick Lyoya’s Family Lawsuit Claims Grand Rapids Cops Have A Racist ‘Custom’: Here Are Some Examples
- Op-Ed: Who Appointed Van Jones To Be Chief Ambassador Of The Black Delegation?