Pastor Sam Adeyemi preaches the word of God in Nigeria. When he first began he was taught that tithing was required of all Christians so that God’s blessings would pour over them. Christian Post reports that Adeyemi recently declared that tithing is no longer required because Jesus freed them of this practice.
He said, “So I say again, tithing as practiced under the Law of Moses as a regulation has expired. No Christian should feel guilty for not paying tithes. No Christian should be made to feel guilty for not paying tithes.” Adeyemi is the founder of Daystare Christian Centre and has over 20,000 members.
Adeyemi believes that things are changing and he doesn’t want people to feel like tithing needs to continue to happen. He mentioned, “Nobody should tell a Christian that for you to be accepted before God first or for you to be righteous you must pay your tithes. When Jesus said it is finished it was finished. There is nothing anybody can add to what Jesus did to be justified before God. All anybody needs to do now to be free from sin is to pray and ask for forgiveness.” What are your thoughts on no longer tithing.
- SEMAJE Introduces Us To His New Single ‘You’ [Listen]
- New York Mom Shot And Killed Execution Style While Pushing Baby In Stroller
- Civil Rights Leaders Rejoice As Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson Sworn In As First Black Woman SCOTUS Justice
- Black Music Month: Usher Celebrates The 25th Anniversary of ‘My Way’ on NPR’s Tiny Desk Concert Series
- Inspirational Lifestyles: Be Still and Know – Remedy for Weariness (June 30th)
- Ricky Dillard Is Number One This Week On Billboard’s Gospel Air Play Chart
- Vince Staples Joins The Cast Of Showtime’s Reboot Of 1999 Film ‘The Wood’
- How This Brooklyn Entrepreneur Is Opening The Door For Black Creatives
- Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson Sworn In As First Black Woman On The Supreme Court
- Kimberly Elise Receives Backlash After Praising The Overturning Of Roe V. Wade
Why One Pastor Believes The Practicing Of Tithing Is Over [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com