A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Greenleaf Season 3 Returns To OWN This Summer
- Urban One Presents #REPRESENT Men’s Health Initiative
- Maurette’s Inspiration That Sticks – Gratefulness!
- A Gospel Music Museum Is Planned For Chicago’s South Side
- Dave Chappelle Is Pushing Maryland’s Next Potential Governor To Legalize Weed
- Don’t Believe The Myth That Black Fathers Are Not There For Their Children
- This Video Of Superdads Saving The Day Will Warm Your Heart
- Home Where Rosa Parks Once Lived To Be Auctioned Off
- Bus Driver Convicted Of Killing Six Kids In Deadly Crash Now Charged With Rape Of 14-Year-Old Girl
- Kirk Franklin Reveals His Sister Has Been Sentenced To 30 Years In Prison
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria Johnson1 of 6
2. The Walls Group2 of 6
3. Marvin Sapp3 of 6
4. Tina Campbell4 of 6
5. Anita Wilson5 of 6
6. JJ Hairston6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com