A lot of singers when they first get started talk about how church was one of the first places they sang. During a 1991 appearance of “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” Luther Vandross spoke to Oprah about how he never sang his church. Even though he was blessed with an amazing voice the singer explained it wasn’t for church.
Vandross said, “ I didn’t believe in turning the spirit off and on.” He went on to talk about how on Tuesday he might want to sing gospel and it’s ok. Vandross wanted it to be natural and although his mother would’ve loved it that platform wasn’t for him.
- Good Reads: Bible Verses That Talk About Trusting In God And Will Help You Through Difficult Times
- Donations Come In For Homeless 8-Year-Old Christian Refugee Who Fled Boko Haram & Won NY Chess Championship
- Why D.L. Hughley Decided To Give Up On His Calling Of Becoming A Preacher [VIDEO]
- Baltimore Police Looking For Missing 14-Year-Old
- Put Some Respek on Her Name: Was Maya Angelou’s Response To This Girl Rude?
- Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile Is Taking Her Talents To Fox News
- Soledad O’Brien Mourns The Loss Of Her Mother Just 40 Days After Father’s Death
- How To Properly Cuddle Your Partner
- Louisiana Accidentally Gave Back $26 Million In Tax Refunds
- Alicia Keys Will Release Her Memoir ‘More Myself’ In November
Gospel Artists At The 2018 GRAMMYs [PHOTOS]
1. Le’Andria JohnsonSource: 1 of 6
2. The Walls GroupSource: 2 of 6
3. Marvin SappSource: 3 of 6
4. Tina CampbellSource: 4 of 6
5. Anita WilsonSource: 5 of 6
6. JJ HairstonSource: 6 of 6
Why Luther Vandross Decided Not To Sing In Church [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com