Anna Golladay loves God and loved her job as an associate pastor at First Methodist Church. According to Fox 17, the superintendent of the ‘Scenic South District of the Holston Conference of The United Methodist Church’ revoked her license. During her interview she mentioned that she helped the church welcome the LGBTQ community.
Golladay said, “We started the revitalization process with an assumption of inclusion for GLBT folk and have not strayed from that and we knew that inclusion was going to very much be a part of our story.” She conducted a same sex wedding even though the Methodist church didn’t allow it.
She said, “If I am going to step out in faith knowing that I am potentially crossing a line based on the rules of a man-made book, I wanted to be intentional about that. I wanted to be sure that it was exactly what God intended me to do. I find it sad that the Church asks of me to be their pastor in always at all times, except for one day out of one year in their entire life. There’s something fundamentally wrong about that.” The decision has cost her the license and some of her church members are standing with her. We will keep you updated on this story.
- When You Google “Idiot,” Donald Trump’s Image Is The Only Thing That Pops Up
- True Hollywood Bible Story: The Burning Bush [EXCLUSIVE]
- Faith Walking: Reunite These Babies with Their Children [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Is It A Deal Breaker When Your Partner’s Looks Change? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Will Jamie Foxx Do A Good Job Playing Robin Hood With A British Accent? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Ericaism: Hold Your Loved Ones Accountable [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Inspirational Lifestyles: 21 Days to Beat Depression – Worship, The Word and Prayer
- Michelle Obama Launches ‘When We All Vote’ Initiative With The Help Of A Few Famous Friends
- Koryn Hawthorne Talks About Being Told By “American Idol” Producers To Stay Away From Gospel [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Baltimore Orioles Player Manny Machado Traded To LA Dodgers
MC Lyte’s Romantic Destination Wedding [PHOTOS]
1. MC Lyte Got Married This Weekend1 of 9
2.2 of 9
3.3 of 9
4.4 of 9
5.5 of 9
6.6 of 9
7.7 of 9
8.8 of 9
9.9 of 9
Pastor Fired After Officiating Same-Sex Wedding [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com