In church we always see women with beautiful church hats on making it the statement piece to go with their outfit. Pastor J. Nelson was covering for Erica Campbell while she was away and spoke about the story of why men take their hats off in church and several other places. Back in the day men used to hide guns under their hats, when they took it off and there was no hat it meant they came in peace.
When men put on hats now sometimes it’s to hide not having a haircut or going with their outfit. Sometimes men can feel very offended when you ask them to take their hat off. How do you feel about men wearing hats in church?
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Maurette’s Tip For Tuesday – Show Compassion! [Audio]
- “Creed 2” In Theaters November 21!
- PJ Morton Talks About His New Christmas CD – “Christmas With PJ Morton” [Audio]
- ‘HTGAWM’ Recap: The Big Death Day Belongs To [Redacted]
- Black Politicians Are Trying To Save The Democratic Party From Itself
- Baltimore Sets Record For Wettest Year
- Rest In Heaven: Kim Porter Dead At 47
- Mr. Griffin: Breaking Free From Situations You Can’t Change [VIDEO]
- Get Up! News Roundup: LeBron James Earns A New Title, Harlem Powerball Winner To Give Back To Veterans & More
- Michael B. Jordan: ‘Black Women Are Amazing’
Meet The Stars Of "We're The Campbells" [PHOTOS]
1. We're The CampbellsSource:TV One 1 of 9
2. Warryn CampbellSource:TV One 2 of 9
3. Erica CampbellSource:TV One 3 of 9
4. The CampbellsSource:TV One 4 of 9
5. Krista CampbellSource:TV One 5 of 9
6. Wozy CampbellSource:TV One 6 of 9
7. Zaya CampbellSource:TV One 7 of 9
8. "We're The Campbells" Full CastSource:TV One 8 of 9
9. The CampbellsSource:TV One 9 of 9
The History Behind Why Men Are To Take Off Their Hats [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com