Pastor John Gray received a lot of backlash after meeting with Donald Trump a couple of weeks ago. His wife, Aventer Gray spoke about what she thought of it and she told him not to go. She didn’t understand at first why he was going, but then when he spoke about jail reform she thought it was okay.
Aventer also felt that people wouldn’t understand because they’re so broken by what the administration has done to so many people. John told her that he heard God’s voice and after that the conversation was over. He said that he honors the voice of his wife and her leadership, but sometime as a man you have to walk alone.
Make sure you listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Evin Amiri of J. Moss’ 21:03 Group Gets Engaged! [PHOTOS]
- King & Country Releases ‘God Only Knows’ Remix With Timbaland And Echosmith [VIDEO]
- Maurette’s Interview Express: This is Why Deitrick Haddon Loves Being a Preacher [Video]
- Yolanda Adams To Perform At PBS’ 39th Annual ‘A Capitol Fourth’
- Last Night To Catch “Emanuel” Movie Showing
- Seven Things To Know About Juneteenth
- Ericaism: Tips For Being Timely [VIDEO]
- Anthony Brown Shares The Importance Behind His 20 Day Of Blessings Challenge
- Kirk Franklin On Why He’s Anti-Religion [VIDEO]
- 5 Valid Reasons Why ‘Little Apple’ Is The Best Web Series Since ‘Awkward Black Girl’